Monday, April 26, 2010

Unsuccessful Typographic Solutions


This sign was taken at Venice Beach California on the famous boardwalk. This sign was over a store that sold beach supplies. The sign looked like it was created using spray paint in a modern bold typeface. Also the text was paired up with a scene in the background to give it a beach fun look. I felt that this sign was unsuccessfully because it does not look professional at all and to me it just looks like a piece of art someone created on a side of a building. I would never think that this is a sign for a beach supply store. To me the text is cool, and the sign does stand out in general with the beach themed colors that the artist used, but I would not take the company seriously if I saw this sign above a store. With the text being in a dark color and part of the ocean in the background being dark, it is a little difficult to read the la-la land.

No comments:

Post a Comment