Friday, April 23, 2010

Project 6- Process Questions

When choosing the typeface for this project, I didn’t just want something simple like others would choose. I went for a serif type that had a little edge to it. Yes, it is simple but at the same time with the serifs at the end, it gives an attitude. I wanted something that would give my hair and the rest of my face a texture and that is what a serif typeface does.
________________
The first couple of steps were choosing the perfect picture. I didn’t want a picture with too much going on, something that shows my face straight forward, also a picture that would show who I am. I choose a picture that gave me a lot of different opportunities to make it something of my own. I did not do any sketches I just went straight for it to the computer. I wanted it to really look like me so I just little letters to fill in everything instead of turning a one letter into my whole eye.
________________
This project was very challenging. It took time to make this and time is hard to come forth to. Making the whole portrait actually look like me was difficult and hard. Individually moving each letter to a certain part of my face was time consuming.
________________
Making my picture into a black and white photo with a filter on it so I can see the shades was something that got me through this project faster than just placing a picture and working on it that way. Also the copy and paste buttons was my best friends. Locking the layer with the picture of my face was helpful as well.
________________
Like I said, I learned a lot about filters and locking them. In general, I didn’t learn anything new but it was helpful learning more about layers in general.
________________
In the end, this project did make me think a lot of using letters and different ways of using letters for a solution. Why use a picture when you can create it with letters? It just adds a more design and creative aspects to anything in general.

No comments:

Post a Comment