Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Project 1-One character composition

So my classes very first project was called one-character composition, sounds interesting I know. So, our challenge was to choose 3 letters to make a graphic design composition. Each letter was going to be placed on a 6 by 6 inch square pallet and then make an interesting eye pleasing design with just that letter. We could 'experiment with effects of gravity, weight, tension, perspective, movement, positive and negative space and play with different parst of the letter or character serif stroke, shoulder, terminal, tail and counter....many different aspects and ways to create a great design! Also the next challenge was keeping everything in black and white and creating something that created some sort of pattern. WE COULD NOT STRETCH OR DISTORT THE LETTERS! that was a big no no! So my next challenge was sketching things out, putting my creative ideas on paper. Next post my roughs!

No comments:

Post a Comment