Monday, April 26, 2010

Unsuccessful Typographic Solutions


Here we have a sign that I took out in California on Hollywood Blvd. I choose to take a picture of this sign because I felt that it was unsuccessful for some reasons. It is to plain and boring. When you have a customer walk by, you will not notice this sign at all because the type is boring and so are the colors. The typeface here is a sans serif more modern type and it is simply in black. I do know that this sign is advertising an athletic store but at the same time what is BS? BS to me would mean bull shit. There is just something missing here to make it stand out, color and a more in depth logo for the company to draw customers in. You first look at the BS and move your eyes to the Athletic. Overall this sign is to boring.

No comments:

Post a Comment